Our 16th Annual Flair Cares Clothing and Shoe Drive is nearly over, but there is still time to make a difference by donating at any of our five Flair Cleaner’s locations. The 2018 drive benefits MEND, the Los Angeles Mission, and Helping Hands for the Blind. If you aren’t sure what to donate, the list below should help.
What to donate…
Clothing and shoes may be gently used but must be in good condition, wearable and not ready to be discarded. Clothing will be cleaned, if needed, and then distributed.
- Gently used jeans and other denim products
- Sweaters, jackets and coats
- Professional clothing
- Accessories such as hats, gloves, belts, scarves, purses
- Shoes – all kinds and sizes
- Children’s clothes
How to decide…
Go through your clothes and ask the following questions:
- Have I worn this in the past year?
- Is this in style anymore?
- Will I really wear this again?
- Does this fit anymore?
- If I went shopping today, would I buy this?
Your answers will help you identify which clothes are best to donate.
As we approach the new year, we hope that one of your resolutions will be to continue to support these organizations with donations throughout the year. You can find out how by visiting their websites.
Leave a Comment