We are delighted to announce that our 20th Annual Holiday Clothing and Shoe Drive starts on November 25. This year, we are supporting the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission and Helping Hands for the Blind Thrift Stores. Your help is needed as these amazing organizations face the daunting challenge of serving more areas and people. Please join us in helping them clothe our neighbors in need.
ESSENTIAL POINTS ABOUT THE 18TH ANNUAL CLOTHING AND SHOE DRIVE
- The drive starts November 25 and runs through December 31, 2022.
- Donate in person at any of our four Flair Cleaners locations.
- Give via Pickup and Delivery. Leave a marked bag out with your order.
- All donations will go to the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission and Helping Hands for the Blind.
- Flair will wash or clean every item as needed before donating.
- Clothing needed: All types of clothing in all sizes are required, and accessories such as gloves, scarves, hats, belts, and purses. Shoes, jeans, other denim products, rain gear, and professional clothes are in high demand.
ABOUT THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY RESCUE MISSION
The San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission helps families recover from the devastating effects of homelessness by meeting their basic needs. They provide food, clothing, and shelter while also identifying the underlying reasons for becoming homeless and establishing a restoration plan. Their Renewed Hope Recovery Program, located in Hollywood, serves homeless men living with substance abuse issues and other self-destructive behaviors. Most importantly, they provide shelter, food, clothing, and case management services. The Misson engages the unsheltered homeless on the streets through its Survival Outreach Services program. They provide hot showers, clothing, hygiene products, haircuts, and meals throughout Los Angeles County.
ABOUT HELPING HANDS FOR THE BLIND
Helping Hands for the Blind was founded to be a vital resource for the blind. It is a problem-solving organization of blind people who want to help other blind people and a resource they can turn to in times of need.
The organization provides:
- assistance to blind persons in need of help
- legal aid to the limits of our funds
- financial grants to blind students
- travel assistance for blind persons
- special programs specifically designed for the blind
- special requests based on individual evaluation of need
Please join us in helping our neighbors in need!